New buttons and switches for my arcade arrived today. Previously I already have a bunch of red and black buttons, but I’ve decided to change to a more specific Neo Geo-esque button layout.
I realise the arcade I’ve mentioned in this and the last update is completely out of context, so here’s a quick summary:
- Bought a Megatouch Maxx Jade Edition quiz machine in 2016
- Attempted to upgrade it’s early-2000s hardware, but found the software quite limiting
- Decided to gut it and install a more modern PC
- Installed an ITX formfactor AMD APU board
- Built a control panel with some arcade parts I had kicking around from an earlier “arcade coffee table” build I made in 2014
- Tried some combinations of MAME, Windows and Linux, but ultimately got annoyed at the low-resolution CRT
- Wired up the internal speakers to a cheap USB-powered speaker set
- Added an external light control switch on the front
- Ripped the CRT out and replaced (in the process of replacing) it with a flat screen monitor
- Currently working on a new control panel with Neo Geo layout.
… and that’s where we’re at. I’ve got a pretty thorough photo album going on Google Photos that you can view here: https://goo.gl/photos/MypBLjMRnSjMfMmC8